Friday, March 28, 2014

Pot o' Gold!

I love pinterest!!

Instead of just having a "Christmas" party in December (I promise this is related to St. Patrick's Day!), I encourage my room moms to step out of their comfort zone and do a rotation for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and secular Christmas.  This year my room mom bought a huge supply of chocolate Hanukkah gelt (chocolate coins).  I saved the extras and knew I wanted to use them for Hanukkah.

I found this super cute writing idea on The Teacher Wife's Blog 
I loved her topic but decided to just let them write about "If I had a pot of gold..." They earned the gold coins all day for different things. They wrote their 5 sentences and then they had half a sheet of black construction paper to turn into a pot.  

The chocolate coins worked well-- they do fall off when hanging in the hallway, if people touch them :)




No comments:

Post a Comment